Monday, August 23, 2010

Fine Wine Pairings

Let's class this up a bit.

Tonight, I prepared a gourmet meal for a party of 13 (unlucky, I'm aware, but what is one to do?)

The Menu

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (it's "the cheesiest")
Chicken Franks
Buns
Shasta Carbonated Beverages
Dessert: S'mores cooked over an open flame

My conundrum: Which wine to serve (of course!)?

I started with a light Cabernet Sauvignan - Two-Buck-Chuck- to be exact; it paired nicely with the Macaroni and Cheese, but was a bit weak for pairing with the Chicken Franks.

For the Chicken Franks, I chose a drier, more full-bodied Two-Buck-Chuck Merlot. Its sweet mixture of plum and cherry-blossom overtones really accentuated the sodium benzoate in the franks.

Here's my dilemma:
When serving both, as I did, should I go conservative with the Cabernet or come on strong with the Merlot? READER: I await your response. I am due to host many more dinner parties in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment